Friday, January 8, 2010

The Beginning

The Beeler Bunch was established in 2000, November 5th to be exact. Dave and I met as we both worked for Southtrust Bank (currently Wachovia Bank). He was leaving (to pursue a career in the financial industry) and I was filling his position (still trying to figure out my career). It was love at first sight. I saw him and I just knew that I was going to marry him!! I was so confident that we would be married one day, I went home that night and told my mom that I met the man of my dreams. Of course she thought I was nuts (which I am, just not about this)!!


I knew on Friday (Dave's last day) it was all or nothing. I knew that if he didn't ask me out that day I was never going to see him again. Thankfully, a co-worker received flowers and that was my ticket to put myself out there. I said "I want flowers like that." And Dave replied with "I'll send you flowers if you go to a hockey game with me?" Oh my goodness...did he just ask me out??? I knew that was the beginning of the end for me...I knew in my heart that we would be married one day!!! And so 5 years to the day, after the Lightning vs. Flames on Saturday night and red roses sent to me at work on the following Monday, we celebrated one of the two best days of our lives...our wedding...Now it's been almost 10 years and I've never been with someone that is more perfect!!

1 comment:

  1. That is how Tony and I met....except I slipped him my number and invited myself out with him one night!!! Welcome to blogging!!! Just as addicting as FB!!!

    ReplyDelete